How To Decorate Around A Jacuzzi Tub. A jacuzzi tub serves as the ultimate bathroom luxury. With pulsing jets targeting sore muscles and comfortably contoured seating awakening weary bodies, few things beat a good, long soak.
However, the decor decisions surrounding your tub Zone make almost as much of an impact on the overall atmosphere. A basic, cookie-cutter setup fails to optimize the benefits proper interior design choices provide.
Thoughtfully decorating the area around your jacuzzi tub transforms the vibe completely. Suddenly, that shiny new hot tub evolves into a heavenly escape rivaling top-rated resorts and spas. Choosing the right lighting, fabrics, storage solutions and sensory enhancements creates a blissful, functional oasis steps from your bedroom.
Follow this complete interior design guide on how to decorate around a jacuzzi tub for inspiration. With the proper furnishings and finishes complementing your tub, you may never want to leave the serene warmth. Let’s explore creative ideas to take your relaxation zone to new heights.
Elevating Your Bathroom with How To Decorate Around A Jacuzzi Tub Ideas
Adding a jacuzzi tub takes your bathroom to the next level of luxury. With soothing jets and comfortable warmth, a jacuzzi tub creates a heavenly retreat right in your own home. However, the area around your tub affects the overall atmosphere just as much as the tub itself. Decorating properly around your jacuzzi bathtub transforms it into a spa-like sanctuary.
From choosing visually appealing flooring to complementing your tub with storage solutions and mood-setting accessories, small décor decisions make a big difference. Use these tips on how to decorate around a jacuzzi tub to create a space that’s functional and peaceful.
Setting the Stage: Preparing the Space
Optimizing the room layout and functionality is an essential first step for decorating your tub zone beautifully and practically. Consider the following elements when designing your jacuzzi tub area:
Room Size and Layout
Carefully measure your bathroom space for the most comfortable jacuzzi tub configuration given your square footage and layout.
- Leave ample walkway clearance on at least one side (preferably two) of the tub. About 18-24 inches is ideal for moving around the space.
- Frame views featuring greenery or other calming outdoor scenery with proper tub placement. Situate it next to garden-viewing windows if possible.
- Determine optimal jacuzzi placement based on bathroom door and window locations. Feng shui principles suggest positioning it diagonally across from the door.
- Verify with your contractor that the flooring can withstand thousands of pounds of water weight.
- Jacuzzi tubs are heavier than standard tubs, so your framing may need reinforcement.
- Consider installing a heated floor for comfortable barefoot luxury.
Open vs. Enclosed Layouts
Determine if you prefer your tub in its own defined zone or part of an open concept bathroom. Both approaches have pros and cons.
For example, an enclosed tub area lets you decorate it as a completely separate soothing oasis. You can also include a second door for access from an adjoining bedroom. However, closing it off fully sacrifices some natural light. It also shrinks your main bathroom space.
With an open layout, abundant natural light floods the entire room. Your tub acts as a built-in focal point. However, the echo can become annoying, and steam disperses throughout your vanity area.
If designing an open concept bathroom, use partial walls, textural screens, or strategic shelving to define separate zones. For example, you can surround three sides of the tub to designate it as its own space while keeping one side open.
Either layout can work beautifully. Select what best suits your needs and personal style.
- Prevent mold growth and wood warping with proper ventilation. Install a humidity-sensing bath fan that removes moist air.
- Choose tub surround and flooring materials that resist moisture absorption. Natural stone stands up well to humidity, as do glass tiles and porcelain.
- Incorporate water-resistant window treatments and utilize moisture-wicking fabrics around the tub.
- Allow materials to fully cure first before exposing them to tub steam. New concrete can take 30 days to stop leaching moisture.
Choose surfaces that are water-resistant and easy to keep clean around a wet tub area. Top options include:
- Porcelain tile – mimics looks of natural stone without the pesky flaws
- Natural stone like slate or travertine – elegant albeit higher maintenance
- Wood-look porcelain planks – warmth without the moisture risks
- Acrylic sheets – seamless, customized one-piece units
- Glass tile – shimmering, splash-proof surfaces
A heated floor creates delightful warmth for bare feet. Integrate this into your flooring design for ultimate comfort.
Incorporate varied lighting options to set the perfect mood:
- Overhead ceiling lights provide general ambient brightness.
- Wall sconces flanking the tub make handy reading lamps.
- Waterproof LED ribbon lighting installed under lip edges or steps creates dramatic mood lighting.
- Natural light floods the space beautifully during daytime hours. Frame views with windows situated across from the tub.
- Remote-controlled color-changing bulbs let you program different settings.
Experiment with layers of light for the most versatile setup. Control brightness and tone with dimmers, sensors and automatic timers.
Designate space for necessities like bath towels, water, devices, and other frequent essentials. Consider:
- Folding wall shelves or freestanding caddies to store rolled towels and washcloths. Install them at arm’s reach from the tub.
- Waterproof Bluetooth speakers to sync your favorite audio relaxation playlist. Mount them properly to avoid vibrations and slipping.
- A bath pillow, loofahs, bath bombs and other soaking accessories in easy-access floor caddies.
- Waterproof deck boxes for stashing less-used items out of sight.
- Charging stations for phones, tablets and e-readers. Water amplifies wifi signals so streaming entertainment is uninterrupted.
- Mini-fridges or wine coolers keep refreshments chilling nearby. Look for compact units with front-venting for tight spaces.
- Hydrotherapy jets, bubble soakers and chromatherapy lighting installed right in your tub.
Décor Style Ideas for Soothing Sanctuaries
Once you decide on your jacuzzi tub placement, it’s time for the fun part—selecting your decor! Consider the following elements:
- Match your existing bathroom decor style or intentionally contrast it by zoning your tub area with different finishes.
- Some top theme options include:
- Modern—reflective surfaces, metal accents, contemporary art
- Traditional—warm wood tones, ornamental trimwork
- Rustic—natural stone, exposed wood beams, organic textures
- Spa—soft fabrics, neutral colors, floor-based faucets
- Go for an ultra-sleek look with stone slab walls and minimalist tub shapes. Monochromatic schemes feel serene.
- Create a bath house vibe with woven woods, rattans, and fluffy cotton towels. Keep it light and airy.
- Incorporate imagery, symbols, or actual views of nature to amplify the restorative escape.
Stick with cool, calming hues that cue relaxation visually. Top options include:
- White or cream for airy, bright simplicity
- Soft blue and sage green for watery, refreshing palette
- Neutral browns and tans inspired by woodsy settings
- Metallic accents like brushed bronze or nickel for glamour
Incorporate naturally derived materials and finishes to harmonize with tranquility. Prime picks include:
- Wood paneling or ceilings for warmth
- Fibrous wovens and rattans hinting at the outdoors
- Smooth quartzes and marbles resembling river stones
- Organic edges with live plants and flowers
- Fur throws and linen curtains for softness
Creative focal points enhance visual interest and harmony. Spotlight:
- Flowering plants like orchids or air plants mounted on wood planks
- Pillar candles emitting soothing aromas
- Small indoor water fountains made of stone or concrete
- Wood sculpture artwork ranging from abstract shapes to figurative designs
Surround yourself with images that spark joy, set positive intentions, or channel nature’s restorative powers:
- Landscape photography in calm colors
- Inspiring quotes about happiness, gratitude or meditation
- Botanical drawings or prints of leaves, flowers and trees
- Unique line drawings of uncluttered, aesthetically pleasing forms
Fabrics and Textiles Around the Tub
Accent your jacuzzi tub zone beautifully and absorb excess moisture with lush decorative fabrics. Consider the following materials and applications:
- Fabric curtains add softness and flexibility for an enclosed tub space.
- 100% cotton or cotton/linen blends work well. Or choose specially-formulated moisture-resistant blackout curtains.
- Taupe solids or subtle two-tone ombre effects keep the palette neutral.
- Install curtains 12+ inches above your tub height on curtain rods with rust-resistant hardware. This prevents dripping water from damaging the fabric.
- Pull back with tiebacks when not in use for easy access and airflow.
Rugs & Mats
- Layer natural fiber rugs and woven mats around your jacuzzi tub for softness underfoot.
- Prioritize mold/mildew-resistant and moisture-wicking materials like jute, seagrass or sisal.
- Look for low-profile options without bulky padding or latex backing. These hold moisture and take longer to dry.
- Periodically clean area rugs to prevent buildup of soap, body oils and debris that degrade fibers and trap dampness.
Towels & Washcloths
- Roll stacks of plush oversized towels and fold colorful washcloths for handy access.
- Store them in wall shelves or freestanding caddies within arm’s reach of the tub.
Soothing Tub Zone Accessories
It’s often the little touches that take your jacuzzi tub area from basic to beautiful. Consider incorporating:
- Add instant calm with the gentle flicker and fragrance of candles placed around your tub space.
- Citrus or eucalyptus scents are refreshing.
- Prioritize unscented beeswax or soy options if sensitive to fragrances.
- Anchor on floating shelves or wall sconces, a safe distance from tub splashing.
- Bathe your relaxation zone in a warm glow with clustered votives and taper candles.
- From dangling string lights to remote-controlled LEDs that change color, creative lighting transforms the vibe.
- Outline your tub with waterproof flexible LED strip lights. Set them to gradually brighten to slowly wake you.
- Install color-changing LED bulbs in overhead fixtures for fun variation.
Plants & Greenery
- Dot in low-maintenance greenery for liveliness and natural texture.
- Snake plants and orchids do well in high humidity. Minimal watering needed.
- Place small potted bamboo or miniature trees on corner ledges.
- Float flowers like lilies or petals in glass vases for a pop of color.
- Essential oil diffusers humidify dry indoor air while discretely scenting it with pure extracts like lavender or lemongrass.
- Ultrasonic models create calming mood while safely dispersing oils as micro-fine vapor.
- Many feature color-changing LED lights and auto shut-off when water runs low.
- Add sound with a mounted waterproof Bluetooth player to sync your favorite audio relaxation playlist.
- Control playback right from your tub with floating remote controls.
- Wireless waterproof speakers now feature exceptional bass response unheard of years prior.
- Position speakers properly to avoid vibrations and risk of slipping.
Reading Nook Amenities
- Designate space for books, magazines, or tablets to make lounging longer.
- Install floating waterproof shelves with integrated device charging ports.
- Use a wall-mounted acrylic organizer to store reading materials within arm’s reach.
- Water amplifies wifi signals so streaming remains uninterrupted.
- Install a mini wine fridge or floating shelving near the tub to always have refreshments on hand.
- Compact fridge units with front-venting work in tight spaces.
- Display flowers, candles or mini accent lights on the beverage station shelves.
Follow the above guidance on relaxing jacuzzi tub accessories to enhance comfort and joy. Experiment with lighting, greenery, sound and storage until you craft your ultimate oasis.
Save Space With Corner Tub Designs
Corner tubs maximize luxury soaking in modest bathroom footprints. Their spacious contoured forms occupy awkward empty spaces that may otherwise go wasted. Compared to bulky rectangular tubs, corner jacuzzis better accommodate tight layouts.
When planning your corner tub zone, consider the following décor opportunities:
- Angle the tub diagonally across the corner to open up floor space on one side. This allows for a sitting area or shelving for towels and toiletries.
- Coordinate soothing wall colors and carry them seamlessly behind the tub for a cohesive backdrop.
- Inset recessed shelves into the walls around the tub for discreet storage. Illuminate them internally with LED lighting for a spa aesthetic.
- Construct customized floating shelves across the corner walls at varying heights.
- Display greenery, artwork and accessories on the shelves over the sunken tub.
- Install shelves high enough to avoid water splashes when the tub is in use. Over 6 feet is ideal.
- Incorporate discreet down-lighting to spotlight displayed décor from above.
Vertical Storage Solutions
- Make use of vertical real estate since floor space is limited.
- Floor-to-ceiling cabinetry, ladder shelves, and wall hooks maximize storage potential.
- Discreetly stow gear like bath pillows and rubber duckies in labeled bins and baskets.
- Display guest towels and wraps on rolling ladders for pretty and practical access.
By creatively arranging the layout, adding overhead shelving, and utilizing vertical storage, corner tubs can feel spacious. Follow the above corner jacuzzi decorating tips to enhance relaxation, even in modest footprints.
Freestanding Tubs Decor Ideas
Freestanding tubs make striking style statements as centerpieces of modern bathroom designs. Their sculptural silhouettes attract attention, so the surrounding space should complement their presence. Use these tips when decorating around freestanding jacuzzi tubs:
Accenting Around the Tub
- Build a custom wood or tile platform as a base for the tub to sit upon. This creates an area underneath to tuck baskets for bath accessory storage.
- Surround the tub with water-resistant woven floor mats or rectangular tile rugs. This defines the relaxation zone and absorbs drips.
- Place trailing potted vines or flowering plants on the tub deck or platform. The greenery softens hard edges.
- Accent the tub exterior with glass vases holding bamboo, dried botanicals or floating flowers.
Dramatic Backdrop Walls
- Paint or tile the wall behind the freestanding tub in a striking color as a vivid backdrop. Navy blue, emerald green and even black make bold statements.
- Incorporate an organic patterned wallpaper or nature-inspired mural behind the tub.
- Install wall-mounted sconces, corner shelves or pendant lights to accessorize the feature wall.
- Hang artwork like oversized landscape photography prints to complete your spa gallery wall.
With unique finish options all around, freestanding tubs become true stand-alone soaking sanctuaries. Follow the above tub decor tips to show off your glamorous centerpiece properly.
Achieving the Ultimate Soaking Sanctuary
A jacuzzi tub becomes the crowning jewel of luxury bathrooms or master suites. While the massaging heated water provides restorative benefits galore, you enhance overall enjoyment by decorating the surrounding space properly.
Follow this complete guide on how to decorate around a jacuzzi tub for a functional, welcoming retreat:
- First, set the stage by preparing the layout, flooring, lighting and storage essentials. This creates a solid foundation.
- Next, select aesthetics like colors, textures, greenery and artwork that promote tranquility through design psychology. These choices set the tone.
- Incorporate plush, moisture-wicking fabrics and textiles to define sub-zones like privacy curtains and bath mats. This softness contrasts sleek tile and tub materials beautifully.
- Finally, creatively incorporate candles, accent lighting, plants, speakers and other enhancing accessories. These thoughtful details craft a spa-worthy experience.
Regard small décor decisions thoughtfully, not as an afterthought. Surround your jacuzzi tub with elements that delight the senses, promote relaxation, and elevate everyday bathing rituals. Tranquility by design is just a soak away following the interior design tips above. Enjoy the journey of creating your dream sanctuary.